Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sleep With One Eye Open (Tek-One Remix)- Bring Me the Horizon

One of the great things about electronic music is it's ability to adapt to any other genre it is combined with. Electronic and dance music can often be heard meshed with hip-hop, rock, and pop music, something that would not work with many other genres. This is shown especially well in Tek-One's remix of BMTH's hardcore hit, Sleep With One Eye Open. Although I am not much of a fan of the original song, the wobbly bass of Tek-One's dubstep paired with the intense vocals makes for a song that I can't pass up.
The song can only be described as an epileptic fit of raw emotion and computer generated noise, making it one of the most "hardcore" songs that I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Tek-One's fast-paced dubstep style easily takes the place of the original thrashing guitars, and I think that this is one of the few remixes out there that has easily improved on the original. Although there aren't many bands out there that have tried this combination of dubstep and screamo, I highly encourage that someone take this idea and run with it. Although this style may not be most people's favorite, I thoroughly enjoy it from start to finish. So turn up your speakers and hold on to the edge of your seat, because this song is best played very, very loud.


No comments:

Post a Comment